Tuesday, July 22, 2008

21 July - 27 July (TX)

Monday

Took a train to my parents' place. Lazed around and played a lot of tetris. In the evening I rode around for about 30 min on my dad's bike, mostly just to figure out what I needed to adjust (move the seat forward), get used to the bike, get somewhat familiar with the area, etc.

Tuesday

22 mi ride in the morning. The roads were all FM roads through the beautiful northeast Texas countryside. I saw countless horses and cows, plus some rabbits and other critters. Route is on the right sidebar. Borrowed my dad's bike, helmet, gloves, and jersey, plus my mom's bike shorts. So, while nothing quite fit perfectly, it was my first bike ride with mostly legit bike gear. I've got to say, those jersey pockets are insanely useful. Why don't all shirts have pockets like that?

Wednesday

Feeling exhausted today, so I decided to take off. Made chow mein for dinner, which was well received.

Thursday

5 m run.

Friday

2.5 mi run. I didn't time myself or anything, but it felt fast.

Saturday

Bike ride with my dad. Same route as tuesday, but clockwise (22 mi). I struggled a bit on the hills.. it could have been a number of things, but I think I'm going to blame it on the trip to a super tasty German restaurant the night before. Mmmm, beer...

Sunday

Flew back to Chicago. 2 mile run in the evening, plus a bit of lifting. I wanted to run longer, but I went too soon after eating dinner and got a bad stomachache. Nervous about work tomorrow.

No comments: